Atmosphere Visual Effects: Rigging Artist
Atmosphere Visual Effects is looking for an experience Rigging Artist to join our Vancouver, BC location.
The Rigging Artist is responsible for designing and maintaining a smooth and efficient rig for CG assets. He or she must have a strong understanding of CG pipelines and production methods and a strong management style with excellent organizational and artistic skills.
- Work with the Rigging Lead/Supervisor to establish a rig that fully supports an animation style that reflects the tone of the film, and maintain the style throughout the film
- Work to create top quality body and facial rigs that meet the desired quality and style
- Work closely with the Animation Team to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets
- Create and adjust rigging standards
- Provide creative ideas and solutions for the film on both a visual and technical level
- Be a key contributor to create an engaging animated film of top quality, while managing and reducing the complexities of production;
- Flag and solve potential problems to stay on schedule
- 3-5+ years of experience in rigging for visual effects and/or animation
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of CG, pipeline and associated software/plugins
- Experience in a variety of Maya rigging techniques, and the ability to optimize performance of rigs
- Advanced hero character rigging experience with a Maya based pipeline
- Expert in Maya, with strong skills in MEL and Python scripting
- Good English communication skills and excellent team player
- Must be able to take direction
- A creative problem-solver
Atmosphere Visual Effects
300-177 West 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1L8
Terms of Employment: full-time, permanent
Language of work: English
Wage: $25 - 27 per hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision
If you are interested in working as part of a talented, tight-knit visual effects team, please send us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.